Please practice our empathy song and play at home!!
Click here for the Empathy Assembly Performance Song Video: "Lean on Me"
Click here for a video for our play "The Spiffest Giant in Town"
It was great to meet with you at this past parent teacher interviews. Thank you for all of your support at home to help ensure our students are meeting their greatest potential.
Some of you have asked about the process for keeping your child at Mountain View Campus for Grade 4 next year. Here is a priority list that administration will be following:
When creating the class lists for grade 4 at M.V., we prioritize:
1. Those who have siblings in KG
2. Those with siblings in Grade 1
3. Those who have special needs (verified by classroom teachers)
4. Those who are pick ups
5. Gender balance
Next year we have three grade 4 classes. We will take requests for M.V. grade 4, but priority is done according to the above. If you are interested in having their child stay here and you meet one of these priorities listed above, you must send a letter of request early, stating the reason for the request to the school principal.
Important information for parents:
- Was your child absent? Please ensure you help your child catch up on any materials they may have missed if they are absent and missed important lessons given in class about homework.
- Our Home Reading program: Please ensure you review your child's home reading folder and are making sure they are reading at least 15 minutes every night. A signature from you tells me that they have read the requirement for that evening.
- Our school was not chosen to participate in Alberta Education's Student Learning Assessment (SLA) pilot program this year. Thus, Grade 3's will not be writing beginning of year government tests. I will, however, be conducting similar writing tests in the classroom to determine where your child stands at the start of the school year.
- Agendas: Please check and sign your child's agenda every night to ensure they are completing all of their homework and to read any messages from the teacher. Students need to bring their agenda, home reading, and take home folder home and back to school everyday.
February 16-17 - Teacher’s Convention No school
February 20 - Family Day - No School
February 21 - 100th Day of School
February 22 - Pink Shirt Day - Wear pink to school!
February 23 - Jurassic Bark Theatre Presentation 1:30 p.m. in gym
February 27 - Jump Rope for Heart Wrap up - students skipping during their gym classes.
March 16th & 17th - Parent Teacher Interviews, Report Cards go home.
March 24 - Last day of classes before Spring Break.
April 4th - Classes resume for students.